Central University of Technology (CUT) Admission Requirements | Central University of Technology Admission all the courses at the undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate level is updated.
The CUT Admission Requirements is out Online… All Central University of Technology Prospective Students who wish to study in any faculty that CUT offers are expected to check the Minimum Entry Requirements for courses below.
The Management of the Central University of Technology (CUT) has stated that all Applicants are to take notes of these Admission Requirements before Applying for Admission.
Central University of Technology (CUT) Admission Requirements
For more information and inquiries about the Central University of Technology admission entry requirements,
- visit the CUT official website – https://www.cut.ac.za/
Below is the 2022/2023 CUT admission information that contains the admission requirement needed for admission into Central University of Technology, CUT.
SECTION 1: ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR FET COLLEGE NC(V) 4 STUDENTS TO UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES AT CUT
- Candidates must meet the minimum statutory requirements for students in possession of an NC(V) 4 qualification, as set out in Government Gazette no. 32743 of 26 November 2006, to be eligible for admission to a higher certificate, diploma and bachelor’s degree (See Table 1).
- Candidates must note that, according to Section 37 (i) of the Higher Education Act (Act 101 of 1997), the decision to admit a student to higher education study is the right and responsibility of the higher education institution concerned. This implies that individual institutions may set additional admission requirements for specific programmes.
Table 1: Minimum statutory admission requirements
|Qualification||Minimum entry requirement|
|Higher certificate||• All statutory requirements for NC(V) 4 should be met;• 40% in English; • 30% in either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy; • 40% in Life Orientation; and • 50% in the other four vocational subjects.|
|Diploma||• All statutory requirements for NC(V) 4 should be met;• 50% in three fundamental subjects, one of which must be English; and • 60% in three compulsory vocational modules.|
|Bachelor’s degree||• All statutory requirements for NC(V) 4 should be met;• 60% in three fundamental subjects, one of which must be English; and • 70% in three compulsory vocational modules.|
Institutional requirements for NC(V) 4 level students
- NC(V) 4 candidates must score the minimum admission points on the scoring scale for admission, as prescribed in the CUT admissions policy (See Table 2). Since NC(V) programmes are highly specialised, such applicants will only be considered for admission into programmes of similar specialisation, for example NC(V): Tourism applicants will be considered for the Diploma: Tourism Management only, and no other specialisation, regardless of their performance in the NC(V) examinations. Admission to a particular programme is subject to the requirements of that programme (See Table 3 below).
- NC(V) 4 applicants are eligible for university admission only if they have obtained a full qualification. No applicant will be admitted based on the completion of certain subjects in a qualification.
- Life Orientation forms part of the final score, with a maximum value of one.
- NC(V) candidates are expected to possess a minimum level of proficiency in English, since this is the language of learning and teaching (LoLT) at CUT. A minimum mark of 50% for English as Home Language (vernacular) or First Additional Language is therefore considered to be sufficient, although any proof of proficiency in the English language will also be taken into consideration.